Marks Jewelers - Quality since 1880.
- 1855 - Mr. Marks was born in Albany New York and came to Lawrence in 1869. He joined his brother in the jewelry business at 633 Massachusetts for approximately 14 years surviving the Lawrence massacre know as Quantrill's Raid.
- 1880 - Store founded by Sol Marks. Mr. Marks believed in being polite and honest, and instilled this tradition in all of his employees and associates.
- 1934 - Son Julius Marks assumes ownership after Sol passes in his Lawrence home at age 78 of natual causes.
- 1961 - Mr. Delbert Eisele after working for Sol and his Son Julius as a watchmaker buys the business from Julius after he had retired because of health reasons. When the store was sold to Mr. Eisele it was said to be the oldest family-owned jewelry store in Kansas.
- 1982 - Mr. Eisele entrusted the business at this time to Lawrence natives Brad Parsons and Rich Yeakel. To this day they continue to strive for the very best in customer service, quality, and integrity passed down for generations.
- 2000 - Marks Jewelers is the 14th oldest jewelry store in the United States.